Ballistic Shield - Vehicle Applications 09/14/2022 - Cassopolis MI
Ballistic Shield - Vehicle Applications (1-Day)
Location: Cassopolis PD Range
23959 Pokagon HWY Cassopolis, MI 49031
($20 Range fee per day - (cash preferred) Collected by host on day of class.
This course is part of a 3 Course Series -
Lowlight Handgun 09/12/2022
Lowlight Carbine 09/13/2022
Ballistic Shield Vehicle Applications 09/14/2022
Students will receive a discounted rate for attending multiple courses.
This 8 hour ballistic shield course is designed to give the student the necessary skills to safely and effectively problem solve from behind the ballistic shield in a vehicle based environment. This data-driven, opposition-based course brings a holistic approach to ballistic shield training by utilizing the following foundational fundamentals of a successful shield program:
1) Mechanics: Individual performance behind the shield – marksmanship, movement, etc.
2) Layering: How to layer the shield within the environment – additional points of cover, thresholds, etc.
3) Support: As No.2 man, how to work in conjunction with the shield operator.
This trifecta is then applied in a vehicle based environment.
**Training shields will be provided to students by Blue Ridge Armor LLC of Spindale NC. **
Individual Equipment List:
- Ballistic Shield (BYO or utilize a provided Blueridge Armor Shield)
- Duty Handgun with at least 3 magazines (weapon light recommended)
- Duty belt / Tactical load-out (your normal work or EDC setup)
- Ballistic vest / Plate carrier are optional but it is recommended that you train how you work
- 300 rounds handgun ammunition
- Tourniquet on your person is mandatory - an IFAK is recommended
- Eye protection and ear protection
- Long sleeve shirt, gloves, hat, and knee pads are recommended
- Note taking materials / mobile device
- Handheld Flashlight
- Chem-lights or Marker lights
- Water and snacks
- Active Law Enforcement
- Able to demonstrate and employ safe weapons handling during courses of fire
- Able to safely get in and out of awkward positions
- Able to safely lift, hold, and maneuver up to 30 lbs
- Able to safely perform tasks that require a moderate amount of physical fitness
If there's something you don't have on the equipment list there is a good chance we'll be able to help you get squared away. Just let us know - first come first serve.
If you have any questions shoot us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org